Saturday, July 19, 2008

Yes, yes. I know I'm late.

anyway, I was just diddling around with this thing ( I guess we can call it a poem) and I was thinking about how much fun a little group brainstorming might be. can anyone else come up with some verses to add in between? or fix the existing ones?


everyone knows,

but doesn't care to disclose

what some might suppose

about the nature

of

senility.

is it as bad as they propose,

aging your mind till it slows?

well you can lose all your woes,

when I tell you about having

no

accountability

don't listen to the "pros"

and come winter snows,

take out your hose,

and test the neighbors

ice skating

suitability

because anything goes,

even when they oppose,

just take off your clothes,

and the wind blow through

your fertility.

go ahead,

let your mind decompose,

with your backside exposed,

and you too may find

that Senility

is not really

a disability

6 comments:

Julie Hedeen said...

What pops immediately into my mind is a bumper sticker I once saw:
"Parents, avenge yourselves. Live long enough to be a problem to your children!" But of course I would never do that myself. So let me ponder while I try to remember what I was just doing. Greg just walked by and said, "So mom did you find out if that CD works?" Oh yes, that's why I came over to the computer.

Julie Hedeen said...

Wind blow through your fertility? We MUST change that line! My mind hasn't decomposed that much yet. Let's see "Take off your clothes, although the wind blows, backside exposed, and let your mind froze." Oops--well Robert Frost I'm not--yet. Ok Crystal, it's your turn!

Kristen said...

You guys are wierd. Stop rhyming things! It reminds me of the Princess Bride... Anybody want a peanut?

Amber E said...

I love Princess Bride!

Hey Laura, I was just re-reading the poem and it came to me that you can actually read it aloud as a rap and it totally works.

Julie Hedeen said...

Laura--tell us another story!

Amber E said...

A tumbleweed rolls past the blog. Dust settles on the deserted mining town.