Sunday, February 10, 2008

Tah-DAH!

Mark your calenders everyone, because this is a historic day. This Is the day that I, Laura, got a blog. Years from now you will be able to tell your children that you read this blog before it became famous, before it was a bestseller, before it won the Nobel Peace Prize, Before it Cured cancer (and also The Beegee's), and more importantly, before anyone else. oddly enough though, my sources inform me that at least 55% of you will not be surprised by the amazing-ness of this blog, because a whoping 50% of you are either A.)not reading this, or B.) My Mother...and even possibly C.) all of the above.

Right now you may be asking yourself, "Who are your sources, and why they are they so bad at math?" and that my friend, (and also mother) is a very good question, which I will try to answer as comprehensively as possible. When I am stuck in a delicate situation wherein I need to know certain things that I do not actually know, I try, wherever possible, to think of something that sounds likely and say that thing. As foolproof as this seems, it turns out that I am really bad at math. Evidence of this can be found on any report card from my k-12 'experience'. on Nearly every one, next to my feeble Math score there will be a note, " I only passed her because she figured out how to spell "hOSE" with a calculator."

that's it.

My very first blog entry.

11 comments:

Kristen said...

I would like to be the first to say that I knew her when she was just a little person. Now that she is a world famous blogger, perhaps I can sign a contract for a cool 10 million by selling information like where her mole is, whether or not she still picks her nose, and that she secretly does calculus problems for fun. Meanwhile, the rest of us still struggle with Sudoku... Don't believe a word she says.
Loveyou, Laura-bora!
Kris

Kristen said...

Valerie...come to the dark side...
Join us and together we will rule the galaxy!

Julie Hedeen said...

That is not what it said on your report cards. It said, and I quote, "A pleasure to have in class. F " and I know where her mole is and i would sell if for only $5 million! (From 50% of her readers)

Julie Hedeen said...

When you rule the galaxy can I be the evil emperor? I've been practicing.

Laura said...

you guys are so on the ball! I don't think I pressed post before I had adoring fans/family. I love you guys!

yeah, about the money...I've already invested it in a sloth ranch. the way I figure it, investing is probably the safest place for my money, and what is more lucrative then a farm that raises slow moving tree dwellers? sorry guys! if you want I'll let you help me this spring for the round up. be warned though, you may not want to make any big plans for the summer.

where is Valerie?? she needs to give in to peer pressure.

and yes mom, you CAN be the emeror.

Julie Hedeen said...

How DO you spell h0se with a calculator?

Laura said...

3504 and then turn it upside down.

Valerie said...

Laura it's not hose, it's shoe. 3045. come on, honestly. that's how I passed math. Sorry, I was only on the internet so Aliza and I could find a recipe for play dough the kind you make in a saucepan. she's sitting on my lap going, come on mom, let's go. better go huh?

Kristen said...

Scott, I had no idea you made play dough! How domestic of you!! Was this over your lunch hour, or are you sending your wife to the office while you lie around blogging all day?

April said...

HI Laura! You Hedeen chicks blow me away--I'm feeling very non-witty compared to all of you. But can I be an honorary Hedeen chick??? I mean, really, I was at your house ALL the time growing up. Please, please, please? :-D And I'm fun to play with... even if I am being accused of contributing to someone's mission creep.

Laura said...

there is plenty of room for all, so long as you bring a dish to pass...and possibly some seeds.